Making Peace

Re: Making Peace

Postby Taj » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30:26 pm

Is that what we're doing? :O
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13:20 pm

lolno, I saw your last message before I left the board, but then I fell asleep and sucked at life in general today. Let's keep chatting here but just remember to keep an eye on both sources, especially during scrambles.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31:26 pm

Yes, boss.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:19:53 pm

Collecting this here then;
Brenda wrote:Should We..

..talk here or keep using the forums? I like the appeal of people getting to read every little detail after the game, but it's just handier with other PMs happening at this board.

Obviously first move was all of Turukawa swear to stick to the five that are here, and work out the details later if we need to boot someone. My preference is always going to be to win the challenges, let the far tribe worry about boots and if we're really lucky see the back of Teresa. Erica's last words to Gina would imply that Teresa is carrying the obsession torch to take me out asap.

Taj wrote:Erica was bitter. She thought it would be NaOnka or I leaving because of her alliance, and when Ami/Teresa wouldn't force a tie, or anything for her, she tried to get us to vote off Ami and tried to sabotage Teresa. Does Teresa love you? Probably not, but like I said to Frank, I don't care anymore. I refused to let anyone take out Frank the round Katie left, and I'm pretty stubborn now. I doubt Teresa will be able to survive to the merge anyway, but if she did, I would do the same thing you are doing for me with Paloma. She would have to work with you and we'd keep her close by to make sure she knew.

Taj wrote:Oh, and I would prefer we use the main boards as well. Like you said, it gives the hosts/lurkers stuff, and I'm all about entertaining the hosts/lurkers first.

Wow, is that really all we've said since shuffle? I suck even more than I've apologised for icon_weep I will fix that right now though.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09:52 pm

Okay so. Yes I suck and have done feck all PMing with you since merge, but everyone in the tribe can bitch about that together, you were not getting special non-treatment or anything :P I am here over the weekend lots though. We have three full days before we even have to *possibly* boot someone, so lets use it.

Like I said before, the obvious play here was for the five from Turukawa 2.0 to immediately swear to stick together as a unit for as many TCs as it takes to get to merge. Of course I agreed. But of course that's not the full story. I think you and I can make a better go of this and have it be more like Aus/US and Refuge were shaping up to be than Malaysia was or the first round here. Frank is singing your praises too. Even Paloma - where we were happy to bitch to each other about you a few rounds back - is telling me you're putting the effort in with her here.

Complication #2 on a Turukawa 2.0 fivesome is that there is some link between Paloma & Rudy from back on Turukawa 1.0. I don't know just how close they are, and she is talking like "if we had to" she would boot him but it's not something I want to put to the test any time soon.

Which kinda leaves Ami in the hotseat here. But her and Gina's possible link worries me some. If I'm reading this thread right, they were aligned in Round 1 despite voting different directions, and then in Round 2, Ami was one of the votes for her.. correct? That ought to mean whatever bond was there isn't anymore but I am not assuming anything in this game.

Looking even further forward than just one possible boot. We are at what, Final 15 now? The earliest we are likely to see a merge is probably Final 12 with Jeff's hard-on for F3/Jury9 set-ups. meaning we have to get through three boots max here. If you and I and Frank are to get something together here and all stick around that Turukawa fivesome idea is out the window if we go on a losing streak at all. The easiest thing is to just win them all but that's easier said than done.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14:06 am

That's okay lol. I've been so busy IRL and you've had my back the entire time, so I'm don't freak out when you're not comforting me 24/7. I'm not THAT emotional -- come on ;P

Well, duh, but that the same time, you guys really need to start thinking ahead, especially now that Teresa is doing whatever the fuck on Degei and likely has a new alliance. This means that, should you/Frank continue on this path and make it clear we are on the bottom, there is no way in hell we're not going to run and join Teresa's alliance come a merge. I would hope Frank sees this as well because, like you said, the merge is likely at the final 12. Paloma's relationship with Rudy is a good thing, actually. I know the plan is either Rudy or I, but Rudy is connected to NaOnka. Nay is far more loyal to Rudy than she is to Teresa, while Ami is Teresa's closest ally (duh). Plus, you know Rudy's hard-on for making things difficult, so we just know he's not going to stick with Teresa for very long. Even if you and Frank still plan on taking out Rudy first, build something with him and I'll reinforce it. We may not go to TC, so with everyone just avoiding him, he's going to just run back to wherever he is needed.

Our best plan is to go to the merge with the majority, but stick together the three of us, as you said. You'll need Frank around as a shield, along with myself, and we can just keep making sure it's not us (Teresa will probably target just go along with whatever Ami/myself/Rudy say, should some or all of us survive, for the first few rounds). If we can avoid making big moves and letting others do it first, than the bigger threats will take each other out and be vocal, etc. (You've done a great job going UTR; Willard/Frank (Unfortunately)/Patty/Teresa/Rudy are all bigger targets come a merge.

Ami was one of the votes to keep her, yes. Ami/Frank/Gina/Teresa were supposedly the main alliance on Masilaca before Katie did her thing on you, but I do think Ami/Gina were still on good terms the round Gina left mainly due to Teresa being responsible for Gina's ouster. Ami doesn't really talk about who she is close with very much and it'll seem fishy for me to try and push for information. I know she said John was with Teresa, and that's about all. I think she's worried about what she tells Rudy and I for obvious reasons.

Things you need to remember:

Ami and Teresa have been closest allies since round 1.
Rudy and Nay are closest allies.
Sarah is Teresa's secret partner; should we merge without the slight sign of Teresa having more power, Sarah is going to obviously join up with her partner (but only if our tribe, and her alliance with Frank/Gina, aren't in control).
Possible Rudy-Nay-Brenda-Paloma-myself alliance come a merge.
John, and probably because of her taunting in the main forum, and Cirie, are connected with Teresa for some reason. I don't know who else, but Patty is probably not one of them.
2 idols are probably still out there (with Willard most certainly having one).
No one knows you, Frank, Paloma and I kissed and made up.
Once the numbers start getting smaller, you'll need shields, Frank/Rudy are far more aggressive.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57:56 pm

[quote="Brenda"We have three full days before we even have to *possibly* boot someone, so lets use it.[/quote]

I am awful.

Good weekend though.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04:08 pm

You are! ;________;

No, I'm actually happy because I've been way overworked this weekend and would not have been able to respond.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:39:14 pm

I had Hallowe'en Thursday / Poker Friday / Anniversary Party Saturday / Family over from abroad all weekend culminating in big family do tonight.

I am getting too old for back to back to back to back sessions
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10:06 pm

Brenda, you don't need to worry. We're on the same page, anyhow and we'll be avoiding TC for awhile. Just enjoy life.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:54:28 pm

A tied vote icon_chaos

How do they manage that with seven people icon_laughing
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16:23 pm

Someone threw a vote away alol.

Oh, and Sarah is a player. Definitely did not see that coming.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50:51 pm

It was.. kinda expected? Her & Patty weren't exactly besties. Ew I shoulda been here and pushed to be leader that day though. Teresa would be gone already, and by my hand too :/

The partnership thingie is getting tighter quicker than I thought it would. Who is left;
You & I
Sarah & Teresa
Mia & John
Gregg & Rudy

We're going to be in that same situation from Malaysia soon, where it's more beneficial to try keep three pairings alive, because if we let it slip to two only, you know what the next round will be all about.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18:47 pm

I am just reading back here and this jumped out;

You've done a great job going UTR;

icon_laughing I totally didn't mean to do this, I was just on the booze. And I think I blew it last night with that challenge even if it's true. I'm still very fearful of Teresa coming hard-core after me once we merge. NaOnka and I were allies in Malaysia, but I've always had this nagging worry that she's gonna be out for me. I expect those two to make merge now after that vote last night - at which point I am kinda expecting a large target on my back one way or another, and I think the key to avoiding that is the partnerships.

With four still intact we are on the bubble. Once we get to three we can get those three to all look to each other and know they need to ensure to not target each other because of how their games will go to shit if we let it go to two.

And now I can't believe I'm typing this next bit out loud - but if Teresa if now safe till merge - it may make sense to break up that particular partnership from this side? :/

I'm not sure how comfortable I would be working with Ami with Teresa still in the game, but I'd be more comfortable with that I think than trying to force a sixsome with Teresa/Sarah in.

That^ is just me mulling things out loud. I haven't breathed a word of this to anyone else. It might be better again to just say fuck it and we go hell for leather to break up all the partnerships. Pick up the singletons in Frank & Paloma & whoever else and make a dash for it.

idk idk *hits submit*
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01:41 pm

idk if you'll read this in time, but I gently probed the idea of taking out Sarah sooner rather than later with Frank & Paloma both. Not outright saying it, but hinting at it. Both quickly shut it down as something to look at if we had two boots to make, and not first at all.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:26:25 pm

Where are you gurl?

This is going to be Ami assuming no idols. I tell you that knowing full well you can tell her as much if there does happen to be an idol floating around here. icon_troll I am running the boot Sarah scenario a dozen ways in my mind but there's no way it works out afterwards. The fallout will be too much and if Sarah/Teresa stay in, that's a duo we can get targeted far more quickly than John/Ami.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:53:08 pm

Lol sorry, I totally forgot this existed.

Don't worry about a Sarah boot -- we can move forward with our plan to make a new alliance come the merge, possibly include Nay/Rudy/Gregg/Cirie. We have plenty of options and honestly, we can just ride out our tribe majority until we need to make a move. We're in a good position and don't need to risk ousting anything this early.
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:00:32 pm

ikr? That is half my worry. *if* this goes down nicely there is lots of cores from this side of the game that all interlink enough to need to work together, while over there they might do us the favour of splitting their vote & tribe again. And if they are all going after each other while we are an attractive cohesive-ish unit, it ought play to our favour as the smaller faction use us for shelter.

At least that's a loose plan. Fuck knows what the hell has really been going on over there. idk if I can stick around for the frantic merge scramble PMs tonight either.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04:32 pm

I wonder if the PM cockblock applies to here?
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Taj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:10:51 pm

Brenda wrote:ikr? That is half my worry. *if* this goes down nicely there is lots of cores from this side of the game that all interlink enough to need to work together, while over there they might do us the favour of splitting their vote & tribe again. And if they are all going after each other while we are an attractive cohesive-ish unit, it ought play to our favour as the smaller faction use us for shelter.

At least that's a loose plan. Fuck knows what the hell has really been going on over there. idk if I can stick around for the frantic merge scramble PMs tonight either.

I definitely cannot, but I think we will be fine if we don't. We have an absurd amount of options, so we don't need to make big moves immediately. We can just ride the wave a little so people aren't freaking out and targeting you and I for being threats, you know?
Taj
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Previous

Return to Brenda & Taj