Incident Last Night

General Discussion

Incident Last Night

Postby Cirie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38:23 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks for being so understanding about my absence yesterday. I was walking home from class when I got hit by a car while crossing the street. In related news, I'm apparently Bruce Willis's character from Unbreakable. icon_smile

It was raining all day yesterday and I was walking through a residential area. The car was turning right and not stopping at the stop sign (just slowing down). I guess the driver was looking to the left for traffic and didn't notice that there was a pedestrian already in the crosswalk. I saw it coming and jumped up before I got hit. I just ended up on the hood. It only clipped my knees before the driver braked. The driver asked if I was okay and then drove off.

However, my significant other FREAKED out when I shared the accident. I was driven to an urgent care near school and checked out. The doctor said I was completely fine-- just some bruises. I was more concerned about missing tribal council, haha. But, thank you so much for the concern and well wishes!
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Re: Incident Last Night

Postby Gina » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:41:36 pm

Wow, so glad you're okay. Some people just lack the situal awareness and responsibility to be behind the wheel.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Teresa » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:56:02 pm

Glad you're okay and that's great that you have a significant other that was so worried about you. True love!
Teresa
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17:37 pm

You're such a bad ass. Glad it wasn't anything serious.

Some guy once hit me while going 5 mph or something, slow but not slow enough to have to not jump out of the way or something. He was looking straight at me while crossing the street too, like he was surprised I was there or something. I just sat on his hood looking at him like "are you fucking kidding me?" while he kept driving like that for another 5-10 meters. Did someone order a hit on me with the world's worst assassin? Lol.
Frank
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Lindsey Richter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:10:33 pm

I'm so glad you're okay, Cirie! That's scary. Keep being the HBIC you are <3
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Paloma » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:44:54 pm

How's the car? Any dents?

Love you, Cirie! Feel better.
Paloma
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49:43 pm

I didn't even think of looking at the car afterwords! It probably was dented.
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Return to Camp Fire