Lindsey's Correct Opinions

Lindsey's Correct Opinions

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:24:59 pm

I know it's supposed to rhyme or be catchy but I could not have come up with a more truthful title.

This is obvos where I will blog my thoughts on these hamsters as we watch them squirm <3
Lindsey Richter
Host

Re: Lindsey's Correct Opinions

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15:41 pm

oh my GOD Erica is so deliciously aggro I am WET
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:16:47 pm

LOVE ME SOME ERICA GODDESS. That tribe is so amazeballs... you have truly some amazing legends in Brenda, Taj, Teresa and Erica and they all seem to want to target eachother. Taj and Erica going at it is amazing, definitely the story of the season thus far only a few hours in. I'm sur ehtat will change.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30:07 pm

um how do I look in on PMs
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:44:05 am

Log into the ACP (you'll find a link at the bottom of the screen). Once in there look to the left of hte page for a link called Private Messages. There they are!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:02:46 am

Awesome, thanks!

Teresagoddess finding the idol <333 Masilica is easily the best tribe so far.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19:50 pm

Lindsey Richter wrote:Awesome, thanks!

Teresagoddess finding the idol <333 Masilica is easily the best tribe so far.

Oh yea, and I'm relaly hoping that it picks up soon.

Really loving the Cirie-Rudy-Willard's of the game. Old players coming back to true form. Really hoping Dave takes this whole thing, he would be a great winner and would be a great way for him to end on a bang. He's going to have some tough competition though.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:29:45 pm

Let's kick this off, shall we? I've only been through all of Masilaca's shit so far. Easily the most interesting tribe and the most active so I'm hoping that they can win a ton of immunity challenges. Impressions in no particular order:

Ami - Easily one of the most active and level-headed people here. You can just tell right away that, at least with this tribe, she's not going to be an early target. Everyone on this tribe is a strong player and Ami is no exception. Between her alliance with Frank/Gina/Teresa and her threesome with Teresa/Taj, she shouldn't be going anywhere for a while. She also has the advantage of aligning with the biggest firecrackers on the tribe - Teresa, Frank, Taj - and that leads me to believe that she is the person in the best position here right now.

Frank - Oh, Frank... He cracks me up because he's obviously on the same trajectory that he was last season and he doesn't even realize it, at least not yet. Basically, Frank is incapable of not trying to be an HBIC. He said he wanted to do things differently, yet stepped up into the tribe leader role at the first chance that he got. Even though Frank shows a desire to learn from his mistakes, I don't think he really has as much as he would like to believe and although I am rooting for him and would love for him to succeed since he's entertainment gold, I'm ultimately afraid that he's just in over his head in a pool of superior players. I can see him being an early boot but I hope he proves me wrong. Because I love him.

Teresa - Um... What. A. Fucking. STAR. Being so polarizing is the mark of a true icon and Teresa manages to be polarizing not only among the players, but the hosts as well. And so far... I can't see what makes people dislike her. Teresa is PMing like a master. Like Ami, she's already entrenched herself deep into the hierarchy of this tribe, between the Ami/Teresa/Taj alliance and the Ami/Teresa/Frank/Gina alliance as well. Her bond with Katie is very sweet and I hope they go far together. On top of that, she's already found the idol. Teresa is armed and ridiculously dangerous and I seriously cannot WAIT to see what she does in this game. I have high expectations that better not end in anything less than an epic downfall.

Brenda - Besides Teresa, she's probably the focal point of the tribe at the moment. Everyone acknowledges how much of a threat she is, and yet, everyone is admitting that they love her. This early in the game, people just don't vote out their best friends and I think that will help Brenda a lot and allow her to get a footing in the game. Teresa has it out for her already and I love it because I'm hoping it will develop into an epic rivalry between two insanely awesome players. Despite her status as a threat, Brenda has quickly bonded with most of her tribe mates and it's really impressive. People are going to be very reluctant to vote her out and the fact that this tribe won't lose much coupled with when they do, they'll stupidly waste their TC on Erica since she's the consensus first boot will lead to Brenda slipping through the cracks and gaining a dangerous amount of footing. On a tribe of lesser players, Brenda would be toast but she's benefited so much from being on a tribe of stars.

Erica - Love her. She's so aggro in her confessional and is a very entertaining and funny character. Also her Tajealousy so far is fun since both of them hating each other will just serve to elevate them both IMO. But I'm sad because Erica is in over her head in this game. She's a character but doesn't seem to be much of a player and unless she finds a way into this tribe by slipping through the cracks, I think she's screwed and an easy first boot since no one seems to like her. It'd be stupid for this tribe to waste a vote on someone who is, IMO, their least dangerous player but Erica needs to step up her social game.

Gina - She and Ami are in very similar positions on the tribe right now IMO. Gina's greatest strength is her likability and not far after that, her ability to fly under the radar. Both of these things are going to be immensely important this season. I think Gina is going to go far on this tribe full of larger personalities and more brash players. People seem to like her and she'll stay around for a while but I'm worried about how much entertainment she'll end up providing.

Taj - Kind of an HBIC. I don't know much about her but everything I see about her is bowing to her status as a true Stranded legend, so I'll take the rest of the world's word for it. Taj hasn't said or done too much in her confessional yet but her true colors are apparent in PMs. She's a master and I love that she really does seem like she wants to succeed in this game. She's competitive and fiery and I have no doubts that she will deliver.

Katie - She hasn't done much yet but i just have a great feeling about her. Probst has told me how much she delivers every single time she plays and I just know that this time will be no exception - hence, why I chose her in the Lurker poll (as well as my bias towards playing as queen Katie Gallagher, one of the best castaways ever <3). She hasn't shown us much yet, but I believe given a few days she will really get into the groove of things and start slaying things.

POWER RANKINGS:
1. Ami
2. Teresa
3. Gina
4. Frank
5. Taj
6. Brenda
7. Katie
8. Erica

PERSONALITY RANKINGS:
1. Teresa
2. Brenda
3. Erica
4. Frank
5. Katie
6. Ami
7. Gina
8. Taj
but I absolutely love all of them.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06:54 pm

Degei is boring as fuck and overall pretty inactive. This makes me sad. Basically the only development that I can see here is the Sean/Sarah/Willard alliance which is cool. Glad John showed up, hopefully he and replacement Dave Ball will be the kick in the pants that tribe needs right now. I also really like Rudy so far. Kind of an old fart but in an endearing way.

Turukawa is surprisingly awesome? They aren't as active or as amazing as Masilaca btu they're still great. Each one of them has an easily discernable personality and so far, a great story as well. The Patricia and Evel Dave pair is an absolute joy. They're complete opposites and I think their alliance will be amazing, they have MAJOR good cop/bad cop potential. Paloma is absolutely adorable and one of the most likable people in the game for sure. Mia is fiery and feisty and I hope she goes as balls to the wall as she is hinting at. And the fact that Cirie hasn't played in forever is endearing and intriguing to me. They're an eclectic group and I haven't looked through their PMs yet to see what alliances have formed, but they excite me.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:45:06 am

Rudy is easily my favorite person in the game. I am ENTHRALLED by him. The only person who even comes close is Teresa. Now that we've weeded out the legends who died from a lack of effort, the ones that are left are orgasmic.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25:16 am

Lindsey Richter wrote:Rudy is easily my favorite person in the game. I am ENTHRALLED by him. The only person who even comes close is Teresa. Now that we've weeded out the legends who died from a lack of effort, the ones that are left are orgasmic.

Rudy is a legend in every sense of the word. He crowned himself King Rudy and now we get to see if he can prove it... Teresa and Rudy going head to head will be hot.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44:57 pm

^ the only thing hotter than those two clashing is them working together... and THEN eventually inevitably clashing <3

holy fuck tho the possibility of Rudy working with <3 The Coven <3 has me fanning myself so fucking hard
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37:05 pm

Christy just brought up to Mia playing the angle of trying to flip Rudy and NaOnka against the Coven. I think Ami just unintentionally sunk the Coven's ship? She basically told Mia that her fate was sealed and that Christy was going and told Mia to mutiny the fuck outta there at the next challenge. I think this shows that Mia is for sure going to eat up this go-against-Masilaca angle that Christy is going to push since Ami just made it official that they're fucked. If Rudy and Nay don't buy into this and at the very least force a tie, they're playing short-sighted and stupid. They're fucked once Christy is booted and Mia mutinies.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29:55 am

Holy shit Rudy is being absolutely retarded right now. He better get it together quick so he can maintain my love & affection.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30:17 am

Holy shit Rudy is being absolutely retarded right now. He better get it together quick so he can maintain my love & affection.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:43:19 pm

Lindsey Richter wrote:Holy shit Rudy is being absolutely retarded right now. He better get it together quick so he can maintain my love & affection.

Yea if rudy's smart, he might consider flopping on Teresa and Taj... I think waiting longer will only cause his own demise. He needs to start running htings, because that's what he does best.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49:16 am

Omfg Degei is fucking nuts. I just realized that the people who voted with Christy last round weren't NaOnka or Mia, but rather Rudy and Taj???? What the FUCK is going on over there? Why didn't Mia at least tie it and why didn't Nay and Rudy vote together? Why did Taj flip on the Coven? At least her mutiny attempt makes a LITTLE more sense but jesus. What a trainwreck of a tribe.

Ranking:
1. Rudy
2. Teresa
3. NaOnka
4. Taj
5. Ami
6. Erica
but I legitimately LOVE all 6 of them. I actually think they're my top 6 left in the game (maybe Frank or Sarah would break up the party) because Turukawa sucks. They desperately need to lose tonight so the bottom feeders can figure out who they are and create a shitstorm like the type that has been going on at Degei for ~3 rounds now.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47:27 pm

We're going to switch things up after tonight, we have to and were planning to anyway, but... Yea I agree, we have seen more of the 6 players on Degei than any other players in the game. Wish they could all stay, hopefully the one that goes is the least interesting though, even though there are no uninteresting ones.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31:33 pm

Holy shit, is this always what happens? Everyone is ganging up on my favorites... The bus throwing and hate being thrown towards Rudy/Teresa/Taj is repulsive. =( They're royalty compared to the rest of these bitches. Gag me with a spoon if I have to witness this game without any of them, being run by the less entertaining contestants.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:18:14 pm

I really want Degei to keep losing. Simply put, the majority on Degei is superior to the majority on Turukawa and if Turukawa loses they will make awful, awful boot choices. I just think it would be awful if the Degei majority kicked off the best minority member (Mia) and then spared the rest for good people to be slaughtered on Turukawa.

I'm digging this majority alliance on Degei so hard and it makes me really happy that Gregg and Cirie were smart about things and realized they weren't even near the top of the mega alliance that includes pretty much everyone in the game other than the remaining Masilaca girls + Rudy & Nay (AKA the more entertaining people). I'm just praying that this sticks, though. Not only would it suck entertainment-wise if Gregg and Cirie flipped back, but it'd be a stupid move as well. Keeping Teresa and Nay in the game (ESPECIALLY Teresa) is always going to be a good move because they're always going to be targets.

Is John even active? He has been so irrelevant and hasn't done much of anything noteworthy. Patricia is pretty boring too and Willard is bland. He has moments of brilliance but overall he's a dud.

Degei ranking:
1. NaOnka
2. Teresa
3. Gregg
4. Cirie
-GAP-
5. Willard
6. Patricia
7. John

If people are smart, Turukawa could get really interesting really fast. Basically right now I think a lot of this is hinging on whatever Paloma decides to do. Ami/Rudy/Taj are trapped in a seemingly insurmountable minority but that could change if Paloma wises up and realizes her position. Like Gregg and Cirie, Paloma is kinda on the bottom of the mega-alliance and if she's smart she'll force the tie. Ami/Rudy/Taj are all pretty huge targets so as long as they're in the game, Paloma's demise is delayed. However I'm not sure what happens once they tie it. I don't see any of Frank/Gina/Brenda/Sarah flipping and probably for good reason. Honestly, Gina and Sarah have been kinda slacking and getting complacent so it would be great to see them knocked off a bit.

Turukawa ranking:
1. Rudy
2. Taj
3. Frank
4. Ami
5. Paloma
6. Sarah
7. Brenda
8. Gina
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:15:27 pm

I took a dip into PMs for the first time in a while over on both tribes and on Turukawa the situation is much more complex that I thought. First of all, none of them have a clue that it was Cirie and Gregg that flipped to Nay and Teresa. icon_laughing Frank is brilliant though... While Gina and Sarah and to an extent even Brenda have taken their good majority position and squandered the power by getting complacent, Frank has taken this opportunity to be smart and build relationships with EVERYONE on the tribe. I'm not sure whether Taj is eating out of the palm of his hand or if she's actually playing him but either way their relationship is great.

Major lolz @ the Teresa/Sarah partnership though. That one is not going to end well.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:41:30 pm

No time for a full write up right now and I really still need to look through confessionals and PMs since the merge to see wtf is happening. But merge ranking:

1. Teresa
2. Cirie
3. Rudy
4. NaOnka
5. Frank
6. Taj
7. Sarah
8. Gregg
9. Paloma
10. Brenda
11. Gina
12. Willard
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:28:51 pm

Personality:
1. Teresa
2. Cirie
3. Frank
4. Rudy
5. Willard
6. Paloma
7. Gina

Winner chances:
1. Paloma
2. Frank
3. Cirie
4. Willard
5. Teresa
6. Gina
7. Rudy

Paloma has tons of friends on the jury and pretty much everyone left wants to take her to the finals. This is her game to lose IMO. Frank is close behind - he stands a huge chance of winning should he make the finals but he may be too obvious of a threat to get there. Cirie has played a solid game, has grown a lot and is generally well liked. Honestly I think she has called more shots this season than anyone.

Willard has a pretty big shot of making the finals but I don't know how he'll fare there. He played a great floater game and made due without any real allies. But that kind of game isn't every juror's cup of tea so he could go either way. Teresa has played a fantastic game and is respected by all even though she isn't the most liked. She wins hands down if she makes final 3 in any combination, but the only way I can see her getting there right now is an immunity run.

Gina reminds me of Gabe from last season. She's played very well, but it's not a game that's easy to sell, especially to a jury who sees her as somewhat inactive. She's hidden herself behind bigger players such as Frank, Sarah and Brenda like Gabe did with Patty but I think people are seeing through this strategy and who knows if the jury will respect it. Rudy isn't liked or respected and has been pretty powerless since the merge unfortunately. I can't see him making the finals and even if he does, he's been scraping by without any power and won't win.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Lindsey Richter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:16:54 pm

Frank's story this season has been literal perfection.

He gets repeatedly owned and schooled as a newbie after coming out of the gate cocky... The game is a learning experience for him. Then he takes the reigns and calls some shots after learning from the best. He gets cocky again and wins a few immunities on the way to his master plan. But he gets derailed one last time by the two oldest OGs in the game who boot his closest ally, and then when he gets cocky for the last time about winning immunity, he is humbled and brought to his knees again. FUCKING AMAZING.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:33:57 pm

Lol... when will Frank learn?
Jeff Probst
Host

Next

Return to Blogs