Creepy Coby's Corner

Creepy Coby's Corner

Postby Creepy Coby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:30:34 pm

Welcome to Creepy Coby's Corner!
Enter if you dare....

Hello one, hello all!
This is the place where I'll be discussing tribes, tribals and challenges throughout the season!
I'm very excited to be actually witnessing the 20th season of Stranded. Seriously, who would've thunk it?
Also, when the time comes the intro and theme for this season will be right here! icon_biggrin
Maybe I'll do a little vlogging? Who knows......with me anything can happen!

I think the season will be great! I'm ready for : icon_argue, icon_drinks, icon_slap, and a whole lot of icon_surprised !

Shortly I'll post what I think of the tribes! Hehehe.........
Creepy Coby
Host

Re: Creepy Coby's Corner

Postby Creepy Coby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01:31 pm

Let's talk Degei shall we?

Christy (Stranded 15: Greece- 5th Place)
One of the many lone reps of their season, Christy certainly made a mark in Greece. Question is, will she make her mark here?
I think if she can get herself to like a tribe swap or some twist like that, she could do well. If she can find a position in this tribe
awesome. I think Erinn'll hold the key to that success. I'm going to tentatively say early boot or early merge boot depending on
if she makes the tribe swap if there is one.......

Dave Ball (Stranded 13: Cambodia- 6th Place)
What a way to go out just from one comma. icon_lol I mean yeah, he's the new guy to the party but several people
have shown in the past that just because you're late, doesn't mean you're out. That being said, I don't see him getting to
the end but I think he'll do ok. I'm going to say maybe he's eliminated in like the late pre-merge, early jury phase.

Erinn (Stranded 10: Zambia- 2nd Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 5th Place)
She has been consistently working it ever since she stepped into the Stranded boxing ring, and you know I think she'll
continue to do so. Could she actually pull out a win after being close the last two times? Maybe but regardless of
where she ends up, you know she's going to bring the entertainment and I can't wait to see what she'll do this time.
I'll say mid to late jury for her.

John (Stranded 17: Costa Rica- 14th Place, Stranded 18: Patagonia- 14th Place)
Boy does this guy sure know how to land in 14th Place! icon_lol Well, if he could do it this time, he would've lasted a lot longer
than his last few times and could actually make the merge and do some damage. I honestly feel like his
Achilles Heel is going to be playing too hard to get past 14th place. He was in the same position as Dave is now except he spun a lot
of lies to stay in. So now this game, he's feeling the need to word vomit and be more open and sharing and I don't know if that will work for
him this game. However within this tribe, you know, I think there could be a couple of people in here that might take him
under their wing and use him to their advantage. I'm going to say late premerge for now (perhaps maybe a 14th or 13th place?)

Rudy (Stranded: Bolivia- 3rd Place, Stranded 4: All Stars- 4th Place, Stranded 12: Rivals- 13th Place)
A true legend, Rudy has been gracing this franchise since Day 1 and I have a feeling he's going to be very dangerous
with this group if they let him get far enough. If he can sweet talk his way into a good alliance and continues to
socially juggle as well as he's done in the past, I would not be surprised if Rudy finally gets a win. I'm going to say
merge probably mid to late jury.

Sarah (Stranded 19: Venezuela- 8th Place)
Ah, que Sarah, Sarah. As much as I want her to do well, I'm not sure if she'll be able to do well. Granted she wasn't in
the best position to socially manage her tribe well last time but if she can start with a clean slate and wiggle her way in
like I know she can, everybody better watch out! I'm going to say eh, early to mid pre-merge boot.

Sean (Stranded 19: Venezuela- 6th Place)
Sean is an interesting one. He did a lot of bluffing his last game, but hell a lot of people here have and even though his
season just happened, unless people are so scared of a Venezuela domination this season, I think he could slip under the
cracks and worm his way to the end. I'm going to say mid-jury.

Willard (Stranded 7: 9th Place, Stranded 8: All Stars Australia- 6th Place, Stranded 12: Rivals- 21st Place)
Willard, my former tribemate. What a crusty old man this guy is and I love him! (avatar moobs icon_wub) He's pretty
good at manipulation and forming good alliances. On this tribe, I think he has a good shot at being in one of the prime
positions and I also think he could survive a bad swap if he encounters one. Can he make it far, okay yeah, maybe but I feel
like he'll probably won't go that far especially if he'll be in and out of the game. I'm going to say late pre-merge, early merge
if he's on enough to where people don't see him as inactive.

Degei Tribe:
I think even though there is now a 5-3 All Star favored split, I wouldn't really count out Willard, Rudy and Erinn.
Compared to Masilaca and Turukawa, I think Degei is going to be the tribe that skates on by, consistently wins immunity
and stays above the fray which could be to Dave and Christy's advantage!
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:09:43 pm

Now onto the Masilaca Tribe! :)

Ami (Stranded 17: Costa Rica- 5th Place)
Coming out of one of the craziest seasons ever, she walked away with a lot of unnecessary hate but
I honestly believe that that won't be the case this season with her. I think she'll do rather well.
Mid to late jury. *Possible Finalist

Brenda (Stranded 14: Malaysia- 5th Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 6th Place)
Brenda icon_wub . You know, she could lie her teeth out a little too much and cost herself
a spot at making it far in the game like she would want to. Early boot.

Erica (Stranded 11: Madagascar- 11th Place, Stranded 18: Patagonia- 16th Place)
I have this huge desire to just not like Erica....but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Is that how you say that? Anyway, I could definitely see her being one of the first few tossed to the side
on this tribe and really only a tribe swap could save her. I could also see Erica being screwed by a twist.
Early to mid premerge boot.

Frank (Stranded 19: Venezuela- 13th Place)
Missed the merge last season by that much. And in this tribe of crazy strategic women, he could miss a swap by
that much. I'm slightly worried for Frank here, not because of the extremely apparent gender imbalance, but
because of the quality of the players that he's playing with. I think they could all eat him alive. Granted because
he could be seen as fresh meat, he could be the guy that people drag along because they know they can. Frank
is the little train that could for me and maybe, he can chugga-chugga his way to a better position elsewhere.
Late pre-merge.

Gina (Stranded 19: Venezuela- 4th Place)
If it isn't the watermelon seed spitting queen herself looking hot as ever on this 20th season, and
this time she's going for it. However with a lot of Venezuelans on this season I could see her getting
tossed before a merge or screwed by some gruesome twist of fate.
Early pre-merge to mid pre-merge.

Katie (Stranded 7: India- 5th Place, Stranded 9: T&T- 20th Place, Stranded 12: Rivals- 6th Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 7th Place)
One of a couple whopping 5 time players this season, Katie has certainly brought a lot to the table and I have to say, being with her
in India I loved her a lot, so I have no doubt she'll have the social game down. I also think because she's gotten far but not so far, she
could finally maybe get to the finals. But I believe if she makes the merge, she'll be gone pretty early because people will see her as that
threat. Despite this, I hope she does well. Early to mid jury. *Potential finalist

Taj (Stranded 10: Zambia- 10th Place , Stranded 12: Rivals- 19th Place, Stranded 14: Malaysia- 7th Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 21st Place)
I'm sure Taj is frustrated always being booted pretty early and I think this time, I could see her having the same fate as well. Her only
hope is that people target the bigger, badder players and that they win a few immunities. Otherwise, I don't know how long she can
last in this game. Plus she's sort of been of an on every other season and following the pattern this should be an upswing season
for her but I don't know. I'm just going to say early boot.

Teresa (Stranded 5: Mongolia- 12th Place, Stranded 8: All Stars Australia- 14th Place, Stranded 12: Rivals- 2nd Place)
Yay, another former tribemate! It's very interesting having Teresa here for a 4th time as she is certainly a legend,
but I almost worry for her. If she hadn't gotten as far as she did in Rivals, because a lot of time has past in
between her original couple seasons and now I would've certainly had her as a finalist. Cause now, more crazy stuff
has happened and we have huge villains all over the board that Teresa could blend in a little better and go really far.
However, she's on a tribe with 2 of the other 3 legends being from rivals as well. Eh, fuck it. I think she'll do fine. Late pre-merge, early merge.

Masilaca Tribe:
This tribe is gonna be cray cray! All the legends on this tribe have credentials out the wazoo (plus pre-existing relationships playing
on both Rivals and Refuge), and the new all-stars certainly aren't scrubs so it'll be very interesting to see these tribal councils
and figure who will be in the hot seat. I'm tentative to say the legends have the control of the tribe in
the bag, but I think a all star legend mixed alliance with a legend in control is how it's
probably going to shake down. I also think this tribe could be potentially really strong. Plenty of girl power to go around.
Oh, and Frank will have something to add as well.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:00:56 pm

Coby... When you get this please let me know by responding.

I'm going to change your name to Creepy Coby to distinguish yourself as a co host like the rest of us have full names. If you can't log back in change your log in to Creepy Coby and not just coby
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12:24 pm

Last but not least, Tokugawa, Turukawa, I think this is the tribe name
I've probably butchered the most in Stranded History.

Ben (Stranded 13: Cambodia- 10th Place)
I'm not too familiar with Cambodia so I'm hoping Ben can really bring it. I'm going to say he'll
be an early boot just cause I can't really access him as well as others right now. Despite that, I
hope he'll do well.

Cirie (Stranded 2: Aruba- 14th Place, Stranded 4: All Stars- 12th Place)
I'm very worried for Cirie. Because she's had such a long hiatus as she has, she's like a chicken with
it's head cut off trying to pick up the pieces. However, I don't think that'll equate a short exit. At least,
not right away. Mid to late pre-jury.

Evel Dave (Stranded 3: Partners in Peru- 15th Place, Stranded 4: All Stars- 20th Place, Stranded 9: T&T- 4th Place, Stranded 12: Rivals- 7th Place)
After 4 seasons of experience, this 5th season returner has a pretty good shot at winning. In
fact, here's my winner pick folks. I think his tribe is going to love him, he'll be able to
be in people's good graces and out of all of the legends, he's probably going to be seen as a smaller
fish so he can blend in pretty well. Plus, I think it would be very fitting for a season of legends to have
our winner come from the humble, wild beginnings of being the second boot twice to having pretty
decent games to finally taking the title. *Winner pick

Gregg (Stranded 17: Costa Rica- 9th Place)
Hehe, Gregg. I wonder if he'll be able to work his magic once again. Only time will tell. I think he could
be blindsided and if so, that'll be pretty cool to watch. Late pre-merge.

Mia (Stranded 17: Costa Rica- 8th Place)
Yay! Mia's back! She's proven to be feisty and certainly not afraid to speak her mind in challenges.
Not to mention she came back from a pretty precarious position at the start of the game. So,
no matter where she ends up this season, she'll definitely be one of the people
that I'm rooting for. That being said, I think she's got a good shot. Not a great one, but a pretty good
shot at making a mark and I think she'll probably be Early merge?

NaOnka (Stranded 14: Malaysia- 10th Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 8th Place)
Our feisty, quitter-turned-LEGEND! I think she'll do great once again this game, if not even better.
Winning, eh....... but I'm definitely betting on her being entertaining this game. Early to mid jury.

Paloma (Stranded 10: Zambia- 6th Place, Stranded 14: Malaysia- 16th Place, Stranded 16: Refuge- 11th Place)
I have a feeling Paloma if she hasn't had a big break before could potentially really shine this season.
I think she has a shot with her current tribe and really the cast right now to go pretty far in this game.
She has shown that she can be ruthless, yet overcome significant odds as an underdog, so if she
gets in good socially and thenreally release her venomous juices, I think she can tear this game apart,
not on a legendary scale, but definitely a big scale. Mid to late jury. * Possible finalist

Patricia (Stranded 19: Venezuela- 7th Place)
Grrr, uh Patty. With the Venezuelans everywhere she is "pairless" here so I'm sure she's by herself
because if she had someone else they'd definitely would be a big threat together so she's probably
almost more vulnerable than the other 4. However, I don't think Turukawa will be attending tribal
very soon, plus she's got some good social skills, so I think she'll be fine. Mid pre-merge to early merge.

Turukawa Tribe
Lot of crazy strategery here but it's almost like it's a more refined sophisticated crazy is that's
even possible for a tribe. I think this tribe will win this first challenge. Ben, Cirie and maaaaybe Patty
could be in trouble though.

Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12:54 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:Coby... When you get this please let me know by responding.

I'm going to change your name to Creepy Coby to distinguish yourself as a co host like the rest of us have full names. If you can't log back in change your log in to Creepy Coby and not just coby

Roger that Probst! :)
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:50:15 am

A few thoughts on the first couple Episodes of the game.

Okay so with Episode 1, things did not get off to a great start as Degei is like inactive central and Turukawa is not really doing anything too majorly crazy which is smart but not exciting to watch. Thankfully Masilaca has the characters, the excitement and the activity needed for a great season! Now let's not jump the shark here. I still think Legends could and will be amazing! We just have to get through these first few tribals and trim the sagging fat and craziness will begin!

Rudy rubbed people the wrong way on Degei and got himself booted and Evel Dave thought it would be funny to place a cardboard cut-out in his place. Hence they were exiled from their tribes but never fear. Mia after Turukawa won took Rudy back into the game this time as a Turukawan. I think Rudy was what was needed to finally jumpstart that tribe and with lot of twists coming, I think everything is about to turn on its head which is great because: I really feel so bad for Degei. They lost again in Episode 2 and voted out Erinn. I really wish Erinn were here because she would be legendary. And I think if she comes back from where she left, it's likely she'll be taken back in the game over Brenda and possibly do some MAJOR damage. Speaking of Brenda, I also feel really bad that her reputation is sort of playing against her. She's so icon_wub icon_wub icon_mml icon_extrahappy I can't even describe.

So after the first couple episodes I'd say:
Degei = icon_glare icon_console
Masilaca = icon_chaos icon_wub icon_egyptian
Turukawa = icon_whistling icon_Gizmo icon_Gizmo icon_Gizmo icon_Gizmo icon_Gizmo

Sorry I'm not really delving into players as much as I want to but I'm rooting for the more active Degei members (Willard, Sarah, Sean, Christy), Teresa, Gina, Frank, Mia, Rudy, pretty much a lot of people right now. I'm hoping that list will be cut a lot shorter by the weekend when things are more compact and crazy as hell.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41:55 pm

Right now these are the people I'm intrigued to see more of: Teresa, Frank, Sean, Willard, Christy and Taj. Notice the lack thereof of Turukawans. It's not that they aren't interesting players, its just in the context of this game they are not the people I see at the forefront.

I'm loving Masilaca even more right now and after last night's awesome tribal, the fact that more tribe members are starting to be team Frank is hilarious to me. So I guess you could say in a sense, Frank still is that leader from Venezuela calling shots, it's just in a backwards reverse psychological kinda way and I'll be curious as to how much this adapted style of game play is going to work out for him.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01:45 am

So I'm pretty much satisfied with this season so far, it's looking great and now we're at two tribes which funny enough are split almost evenly between tribes and tribe members ( 3 orginal Turukawa, 3 original Degei and 4 original Masilacas on each tribe) the game is really going to ramp up. More comments on tribe dynamics later.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19:38 am

Creepy Coby wrote:So I'm pretty much satisfied with this season so far, it's looking great and now we're at two tribes which funny enough are split almost evenly between tribes and tribe members ( 3 orginal Turukawa, 3 original Degei and 4 original Masilacas on each tribe) the game is really going to ramp up. More comments on tribe dynamics later.

Hadnt noticed!!! You always pick up on the details that i miss in terms of stats here. Stranded superfan indeed.

I too think that this season will get crazy from here on out. No more places to hide, the fat has been trimmed after one week and hte players who are in it for the long haul are all still in the game, so we'll see what happesns. It will definitely not be easy to make it through this stage of the game.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:40:18 am

For the first time in the game, the Legends hold the majority. We may have had a big Legendocide at the beginning but those the remained have been delivering so who knows, they may take this season for themselves.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Creepy Coby » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48:08 am

Merge Stats:
Pretty interesting!
5 Original Masilica, 4 Original Turukawa, 3 Original Degei
Of these every tribe is bringing at least 1 Legend and 1 All-Star. Masilaca's the only tribe to have more than one All-Star make the merge with Frank and Gina.

8 Legends, 4-All Stars
3 of the 4 remaining all stars (Frank, Gina, Sarah) are from Venezuela. Gregg the last All Star is from Costa Rica.

8 Swapped Turukawa, 4 Swapped Degei

7 Shuffled Turukawa, 5 Shuffled Degei

Records of People who made the Merge (Episodes 1-10):
Gina and Taj are the only people to have been on all three pre-merge tribes at some point during the game.
Conversely Paloma is the only person to have been on one tribe the entire season literally bleeding orange Turukawa.
Brenda has been to the fewest tribal councils this season with just 3, Sarah right behind with only 4 (5 if you count her leader vote for Patricia).
Conversely, Teresa and NaOnka have been to the most tribals with 9 (Interestingly at this point, both have a perfect voting record).

Just a couple of things to think about.
Creepy Coby
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:03:21 pm

Another stat: All 4 exiled players: Cirie, Gina, Brenda, Rudy have made the merge.
Jeff Probst
Host

Return to Blogs