Episode 17

Episode 17

Postby Rudy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:24:37 pm

So last night, Teresa finally went home. Like, she's been on borrowed time for SO long. Hell, she should have went home the night that Gregg went home, but obviously her dirty paws were everywhere that mines weren't, so she lasted. That, combined with key immunity wins has helped her get as far as she did, but the truth is that her game was sunk as soon as Taj left, and she only has herself and Naonka to blame for that screw up. I saw the writing on the wall and knew that was the point where I had to jump ship and start a new life for myself. Good game, Tre.

At this point, I'm not sure that the jury loves me, but I don't even care, because based off my perceptions, it seems they love the others a lot less. Paloma, Cirie and Frank got some adverse reactions last night from the likes of Naonka and Sarah whom I sure echo the majority of the jury in some capacity. I hope that in a twisted way, this doesn't make the my allies Gina/Cirie question whether going to the F3 with me is a mistake. Just in case, I will have to continuously drive home the assumption that the F3 has to be ALL exiles for any of us to have a chance. Whether this is fact or not serves me no real purpose, as I think right now, I have a better shot against Gina/Cirie than anyone else.

Right now, one of Willard, Frank or myself will most likely be going home. Paloma and Gina are immune with their idols, leaving the rest of us to duke it out. I'm praying that someone like Frank doesn't win immunity, because ideally, he should be booted next. I'm still very nervous, because I know I'm still somewhat on the outside of things. My fate is in the hands of Gina and Cirie, and I'm just hoping they see me as enough of an asset to break off from their more loyal partners, Frank & Paloma. My strategy to align with them has been the biggest risk I've taken all game, but I think if I actually make it to the end with them, it will pay off. If they have simply been playing me, then that speaks more of their poor game play than mine, since they won't be winning in the end.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Re: Episode 17

Postby Lindsey Richter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34:29 pm

You beat me again! :P

Final 6! You've officially outlasted half the people that made the merge. There are now only 3 Tribal Councils standing between you and the finals. Congratulations.

What did you think of Teresa leaving last night?

The past few votes have been relatively easy and unanimous. Do you think these were missed opportunities to make a move?

Round after round, people have threatened to play idols. But this round is the last round that people can play them. Are you worried about idols? How are you going to plan around them?
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Rudy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04:00 pm

What did you think of Teresa leaving last night?

I'm happy it happened. She was someone loyal to me, but going to the end with her would have resulted in a 100% chance of losing. Instead, I'm stuck with a bunch of people that aren't loyal to me, but I have a chance against them if I can somehow make it to the end. Frank's confession at last night's TC struck a chord with me.
I think everyone is concerned about that. But in my opinion, overthinking who you can or can't beat is just that, overthinking. These games are won on FTC performance most of the time. If you deliver a great argument you win, if you fail and piss off a few people, you don't. That's what it comes down to. I think everyone here CAN win it, so the only thing I'm concerned with is actually getting there.

Am I too concerned with who I can beat at the end? Should I have been more focused on simply getting to the end with people I trust? I'm rethinking my strategy and sort of doubting my past strategy. Still, I'm hopeful, optimistic and confident that I will end up where I'm supposed to. It's inevitable.

The past few votes have been relatively easy and unanimous. Do you think these were missed opportunities to make a move?

Sarah, Naonka and Teresa leaving have all been wins for me. If I had 100% control over the boots, maybe they would be different, but them leaving have all served an overall good purpose for my game. Sarah was unpredictable, chaotic and we weren't exactly on speaking terms. Similarly, Naonka was a loose cannon with loose lips. She had already ruined my game when she chose to trust people I told her not to, leading to Taj's boot and my subsequent descent onto the bottom of the totem pole. Again, Teresa fits a similar mold in that she made some pretty awful decisions early post-merge that caused her to get onto the bottom in the first place. Additionally to reiterate, there was no chance I could beat her, and the tide against her was too hard for me to resist.

Round after round, people have threatened to play idols. But this round is the last round that people can play them. Are you worried about idols? How are you going to plan around them?

I think I spoke of this somewhat in my post as well. Maybe I'm a mind-reader. Yes, I'm worried about the idols, because if Paloma/Gina were to win the IC, they could pass off their HII to someone, most likely not being me. With my challenge track record, I'm unlikely to win, placing me squarely into a pool of players that could potentially be voted off tonight. Right now, the tide is severely against Willard and I, yet ironically, I'm hoping the stars align to send Frank packing instead.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01:29 pm

It's right before TC. Frank just won the IC, and literally the entire tribe minus Paloma is bummed about it, because it means one of Willard and myself are about to be voted off. This ridiculous feud is finally coming to an end, but my paranoia is so crazy and out of the roof right now. I keep second-guessing myself and thinking Willard has the idol. Wouldn't it be crazy if his one single vote had me booted?

But if I voted for Cirie, I could tie it up... But then I thought, has Paloma/Frank/Willard thought about taking the Exiles out? Do people know about us? This is the closest I've ever felt that I was going home, and I think I'm driving myself insane with paranoia. Let's just hope I don't go out in a stupid way.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Return to Rudy