Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30:53 pm

Welcome final 3.

You have come as far as you can in this game on your own. Now the power shifts from the three of you to the jury of 9. 9 players that you had a hand in voting out will not have to decide which of you deserves their vote to win.

We'll begin by posting your opening statements now, please.
Jeff Probst
Host

Re: Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:33:16 pm

I am so thrilled to be here right now, and before you lot of rabid dogs start tearing into the three of us I just want to say I truly had a blast playing the game with you all. You are all really awesome people, and there are several people here with whom I hope I can have a relationship with after this game. That said, I hope you can appreciate where I stood coming into this game. This is my second ORG /ever/, and I was playing with people who had years of experience on me. And I have thus far beaten all but two of them. I'm the last All-Star standing, and only one of four to make the merge. I found the merge idol without any clues and never needed to use it because neither myself nor my allies were ever in any true danger. I made real connections with people here and got the people I've wanted endgame with to the end safely with great personal risk to myself. And more than anyone else, I dictated how the voting went throughout the merge while simultaneously keeping a target off of my back.

I'm sure some of you are hesitant about someone who was already voted out winning the game, which is why I'm here with Rudy and Cirie. I knew as soon as I was voted out that I would have to go to the end with other exiles. In a game where people are looking for any reason not to vote for you in the end, I knew I had to even the score in my favor by taking two of Rudy, Cirie and Brenda to the end with me. I put my neck on the line for them both, Rudy in particular, more than any other person did here for anyone else excepting when Sarah gave her immunity up to Naonka. Because I was the only one of the three of us with power. I knew I needed to get to the end with them, and I outmanuevered everyone to do it. I truly did author this entire post-merge game. Certainly I had to make concessions to Brenda, Frank, Sarah and Paloma to keep their loyalty as long as I needed it, but every vote in some way benefited me because I was never going to accept anything less.

There are two things I will not do at this tribal council: That is, apologize for how I played this game or beg for your vote. You can call me every name in the book, and I welcome that, but I did outplay all of you, and I voted every single one of you out of this game. I was loyal to the people I needed to be loyal to, and played the rest of you like cards outta my deck. It's a game and it really hurt to do sometimes, but I would hope a group of legends can appreciate what I did here- and that is beat all of you.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34:52 pm

Good Evening Y’all!

First I just want to say that I really enjoyed my time in this game. I’ve had to make quite the adjustment to my busy real life schedule to accommodate this game. Hopefully, Jeff knows how much I value our friendship outside of this game for me to even participate.

Right from the jump, it was a tragedy being booted first due to semi-inactivity. I had missed a lot of what was happening the first round and when I finally went active, it was too late. That being said, I knew there would be some type of outcast twist, so I didn’t panic too much. I came back into the game with a simple 3-part strategy that would prove HIGHLY successful:

1) When you have dominant influence, rule with an iron-fist to take out future threats.
2) When in a position of low influence, ingratiate with the core and incentivize my survival to them either emotionally or with logic depending on the player.
3) When necessary, cut your losses even if those people are your “friends”.

Rule 1 only came into place during the first switched tribe where I successfully got rid of Sean whom had backstabbed me on day 1. Unfortunately, the paranoia in other players (Christy/Patricia/Mia) caused them to panic and forced me to strike them down in terms of self-defense. #MutineersDie

Rule 2 is where I shined. After joining Turuwaka, I was slated to be the very first person gone, but my buddying up with Paloma and more importantly Naonka is what ingratiated me into their tribe. I did so well that at the next TC after Cirie’s boot, Mia or Gregg were slated to leave before myself even. Similarly, after 2 mutinies and 3 tribal losses, I was once again in the minority on NuNuTu, but my immediate bond with Brenda and rekindling with Paloma helped to keep me in the game.

The defining moment for me was the merge round & its subsequent aftermath. I tried a hand at rule number 1 with the partners alliance while attempting to keep Taj & I in the middle. That obviously didn’t work... Taj is the only person in this cast that I seriously talk to on a regular basis outside of the game, and to lose her was a huge blow to me. Teresa and Naonka’s utter debacle of a merge round where they trusted people that I knew for fact weren’t going to follow through revolutionized my game. Irony eh? I still wish I had been active that day to turn the tide and keep everything in check, but everything happens for a reason.

Losing Taj, seeing the domino effect that was about to occur (Partner’s Twist) and realizing that there was never going to be a time where I could rally a faction under my direct control, I decided to switch back to Rule 2 and officially enact Rule 3 (I had previously also cut Ami loose in a preemptive way but that’s less relevant). I had to remove Teresa and Naonka from my end game plans while also reevaluate if I wanted to take Paloma to the end. Listen, I like Gina and Cirie, but I actually bonded with those three ten times more and it makes me feel a bit guilty that I had to “cut them loose” emotionally, because I like them so much. I hope they can forgive me for my indiscretions, and I also am sorry for all my outbursts about loyalty and trust. I’m one shady hypocritical motherfucker aren’t I? lol But I’m sure all you Legends know your “King Rudy” history, so I’m sure no one believed my charades anyway, right?!

I aligned with Gina/Cirie while I also worked extra hard with Paloma and Brenda. Between the 4 of them, they were obviously the core. The movers and shakers. I knew that if I made it to the end, I would have a chance at beating them sans Brenda, and all of them had an incentive to keep me. See: Brenda flipping things on Gregg. See: the vote where Brenda left. Think about it, she only was guaranteed to leave that night because Cirie/Paloma refused to vote with their alliance against me, even though it was apparent that that was the only way to keep their main alliance in tact. Had Brenda faced anyone else that night in a vote other than me, she would have survived…

Every decision I made was a conscious choice on my part and was not by accident. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I was a dominant decision-maker. Those rights belong solely to Cirie and Gina, but what I AM going to say is that I made bonds with key players that I knew 100% would keep me here. I’ve been to the most TCs here compared to the other finalist while having the most votes cast against him. Based on my perception of the game, it really didn’t matter to me how the post-merge boot order went. As long as the tribe was structured in a way to get me to the end with people I could beat, I just didn’t care. With Teresa’s boot, I had succeeded, because I’m confident that I’ve played a better game than all of Willard, Frank, Paloma, Cirie and Gina.

Ok sorry this is a wall of text and I’m going to abruptly end it here because I’m sure you’re only going to hear a lot more from me from this point on. In conclusion, vote for me, because I’m the poster child of how to play a perfect under the radar game with the unfortunate handicap of having a not-so-UTR personality! Think about it. Despite being nervous, give me the best questions you’ve got!
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35:46 pm

Good evening everyone! I strongly believe that I should win this season of Survivor and I hope that you will consider me when you place your vote.

I have faced a great deal of adversity in this game. Of all the finalists, I probably endured the hardest path to make it to the final three. Unlike most of you, I’m not an experienced gamer. The only games that I’ve ever participated in were MyPoody’s Stranded series and that was six years ago! (I’m not even an active member of any online survivor community.) While most of you were aware of certain elements of this game, including the repeat challenges and hidden immunities, I needed to re-teach myself every element in a short period of time.

When I started, I was not familiar with any of the new seasons or its participants. I think other players had more knowledge and they could use that to their benefit. For example, most players could rely on prior relationships and common experiences to a certain extent to determine early allies and targets. I didn’t have that! I was a complete outsider! I felt like I was playing this game against twenty-three strangers… Except many players already knew one another. And they didn’t know anything about me! I had to make inroads fast.

Furthermore, I never had any distinct advantage in this game. I lost my partner in the very first round of the partners twist! I was exiled on two occasions, I never won an individual immunity challenge until the final round, and I didn’t find a hidden immunity idol. I needed to rely solely on my wits in order to get to this point.

My early exile was a game changing moment for me. I fostered alliances with the majority of Turukawa members and it disappointed me that I received a unanimous vote. Going forward, I did not trust a single person in this game. Not a soul. The only thing that I could trust was that everyone else would act in his or her own self-interests. I was constantly thinking of everyone else’s perception and whether my presence rationally aligned with their interests. I was aware of the possible goat distinction. The fact that so many people apparently needed me in their long-term games provided me with the freedom to actually make the BIG moves.
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36:46 pm

When I was almost eliminated, I formed two new objectives: 1. Eliminate my former Turukawa tribe mates 2. Align with the other exiles. This strategy was developed in the final twenty and I have executed it throughout this game. My former Turukawa tribe mates are some of closest friends in this competition and I don’t hold any ill will about my exile. It’s just that I could not trust any of them going forward and I needed to avoid the same trappings as before. It was important for me to differentiate my game and establish new connections in order to have a chance at making the finals.

I wanted to work with the other exiles, because we needed to overcome a potentially negative perception towards us. Even if I couldn’t trust them personally-- I knew that they would protect me since our interests aligned. Brenda, Gina, and I have been working together since the Final 20. Rudy joined us during the merge. Willard was also the first person to propose an alliance with me after being exiled and I tried to honor my agreement with him. My true loyalties were with Brenda, Gina, Rudy, and Willard. I tried my hardest to keep these people in the game.

With that said, I have broken many agreements in this game. I understand that many jurors are upset with my decisions to breach certain agreements, because their trust towards me was unconditional. But, that position isn’t entirely equitable. Of course players wanted to honor their agreements with me! They thought they could beat me in the final three! But, I was never going to concede a winning position in order to accommodate another player’s interests. It simply wasn’t enough to coast to the end with my friends and allies. I wanted to win!

My decisions at tribal council were driven by one simple question: Will this person beat me at the final tribal council? If they could beat me, I wanted them gone. After the second swap, I initiated a conversation with Teresa and we planned to remove Mia, Patricia, and John from this game. After the merge, Gina and I managed to dictate nearly all of the boots for the remainder of this season. If you are on the jury right now, it means that I respect you as a player and knew that I couldn’t beat you in the final three. I needed to remove you in order to have any possible chance at this game.

I was just playing a game and I did not mean any disrespect towards any of you. I would feel horrible if anyone’s feelings were actually hurt. I genuinely enjoyed meeting all of you in this game and I hope that we can stay in touch afterwards. It’s been an absolute pleasure! I’m looking forward to hearing your questions and the chance to defend my game! Thank you! #Cirie2013
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38:45 pm

Thank you final 3.

Now let's give the power back to those you voted out.

Up first, a Legendary player that needs no introduction: Taj goddess, start us off my love.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42:22 pm

SHe was just here, but i'll post on her behalf:

Taj wrote:
I'm going to be blunt, I don't care about the games you three played. All three of you made the finals in a 24 person game, are all-stars in your own right, and therefore, I know you're capable of playing a good game. The person I am voting for is someone who can balance playing a good game and being a character because lets be honest, nothing is harder than making moves and being visible while doing so. We've seen some of the biggest characters in Stranded history end up on the jury for that very same reason, and I have more respect for that gameplay than I ever will for being UTR forgettable and just making moves behind the scenes and never being a target. This is an online game and we're playing for fun. I'm not here to watch 2/3's of the finalists barely post on the main boards and hide away in their PMs while everyone is falling asleep. I have voted for the boring "strategist" once before, and I'm not going to make the same mistake again.

King Rudy, one of the reasons I personally like you is your ability to pick up gossip; I want to know at least one thing each of your fellow finalists have said about each of our jury members. I want to hear the mean and nasty when they think they can get away with it (aka hide behind their PMs).

Gina, ugh Gina. On paper, you're an ideal UTR gamebot, and you've done well in both games you've played, but you're horribly boring. You make Brian from Greece look like a circus character, and I was really, really hoping there was some depth to your personality, but you seem to be entirely focused on strategy. If I were to look back at your storyline, all the way to Degei, there is just so much icon_yawn Even when you came out as a supposed strategic mastermind during last TC it was all for show in trying to gain jury votes. You're not a stranded player, you're a bland politician. My question for you is, if you leave this game as a winner, is there any hope you will become something more than a cardboard cutout in a future game?

Cirie, I think you're adorable and unintentionally hilarious. Hearing some of the mistakes you made early on, especially considering you come from a different ORG time, is nostalgic for me. I'm impressed that someone who wasn't the best strategically during her first appearance, and has never made the jury, came in here and played a solid game. That being said, you're basically the Pinky to Gina's Brain, and almost as boring as your partner in crime. So, if someone on the jury isn't just basing their votes on strategy (lets be honest, most will say they care about the moves you make, but they don't), why should they vote for you?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:50:23 pm

Taj wrote:Gina, ugh Gina. On paper, you're an ideal UTR gamebot, and you've done well in both games you've played, but you're horribly boring. You make Brian from Greece look like a circus character, and I was really, really hoping there was some depth to your personality, but you seem to be entirely focused on strategy. If I were to look back at your storyline, all the way to Degei, there is just so much icon_yawn Even when you came out as a supposed strategic mastermind during last TC it was all for show in trying to gain jury votes. You're not a stranded player, you're a bland politician. My question for you is, if you leave this game as a winner, is there any hope you will become something more than a cardboard cutout in a future game?

This hurts to hear, because, really Taj, I felt like we had a connection back on Masilaca. You and Teresa were the people I was closest to emotionally. I shared my insecurities with you and my hopes for the future. I looked up to you as an older sibling type. I'm sorry you found that boring. That said, if you think I was boring this game it is probably because I was. I'll own that, but part of it was because I saw people with big personalities wind up on the chopping block time after time after time. I don't come here to be a big character- I came here to play the game and win.

Part of it too may be that my real life got in the way much too often. Had I not been in the middle of moving cities, getting a new job, and had my work schedule accomodated it, I would have been here more and would have been able to play up some of my personality quirks. Ultimately I just didn't have the time. If I ever play again I won't be reinventing Gina, but I will be playing Gina with the volume turned up to 11.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51:20 pm

Thanks Taj. There's been so much gossiping, but to be honest, I didn't exchange that many juicy pms with Gina and Cirie. From my memory, here is all I've got.

Gina:

I was surprised in how nasty she got these last few days in regards to Frank. I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. My grandmother always told me to never wrestle with a pig, because you'll both get dirty and the pig will love it. Honestly, I think I'm pig too! That being said, after the fighting ensued, Gina continuously insinuated that Frank was obsessed with the game which is why he was so good. She insinuated that he must not be employed in real life. I know him better than this as he's a proud game developer, so I thought the comment to be particularly stinging. It sure was funny though. She has also called him a child among other things regarding how angry he's been the last few days.

She also said some things about why Brenda needed to leave. Nothing particularly hateful, but she was pretty upset with not being heard in her alliance and that anger was directed at Brenda/Frank.

Cirie:

When Naonka flipped on us all for turning on her, Cirie had some choice words about her. They weren't particularly nasty, but she was just disappointed in Naonka's behavior and the state of their friendship.

Sorry, but that's all I've got. My memory is fuzzy. Maybe the jury viewing them as super boring is true. I've definitely said worse things about people than they have. lol
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Teresa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54:19 pm

Stop with the analogies or I'll be voting for John to win this game and I need time to think through questions... I've never been so undecided in a game as much as I am here.
Teresa
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55:11 pm

Teresa wrote:Stop with the analogies or I'll be voting for John to win this game and I need time to think through questions... I've never been so undecided in a game as much as I am here.

Who's John?
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55:58 pm

Is Cirie still here...?
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Teresa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56:11 pm

Rudy wrote:
Teresa wrote:Stop with the analogies or I'll be voting for John to win this game and I need time to think through questions... I've never been so undecided in a game as much as I am here.

Who's John?

Someone who deserved to be in the F4 with Frank, Taj and I.
Teresa
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Lindsey Richter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56:12 pm

not your turn gurl~
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:57:16 pm

Teresa wrote:
Rudy wrote:

Who's John?

Someone who deserved to be in the F4 with Frank, Taj and I.

omg Degei John! I loved him. He was such a cheerleader. I wanted to play with him. :(
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59:25 pm

Ugh Cirie! lol
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59:51 pm

Can questions be posted and she'll just respond to them later? If not we'll be here all night...
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00:42 pm

Gina wrote:Can questions be posted and she'll just respond to them later? If not we'll be here all night...

And tomorrow night too...
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Holly Hoffman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01:07 pm

I don't know where Cirie is. It's been almost 20 minutes since Taj's speech so I'll be moving on with Gregg's. Cirie can catch up when she gets back.

Gregg wrote:If I am not here tomorrow here is my question for finalists

My question for Gina is what do you think Gregg's worst mistake was in this game.

My question for Cirie is what your favorite type of cheese.

My statement for Rudy is I will vote for you to win the game if you can go all of final tribal council without posting a gif of that real housewive lady you always do. Also list the top 5 reasons Brenda is the Britta of this game.
Holly Hoffman
Host

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02:03 pm

Sorry, I'm having Internet difficulties.

Cirie, I think you're adorable and unintentionally hilarious. Hearing some of the mistakes you made early on, especially considering you come from a different ORG time, is nostalgic for me. I'm impressed that someone who wasn't the best strategically during her first appearance, and has never made the jury, came in here and played a solid game. That being said, you're basically the Pinky to Gina's Brain, and almost as boring as your partner in crime. So, if someone on the jury isn't just basing their votes on strategy (lets be honest, most will say they care about the moves you make, but they don't), why should they vote for you?

Hey Taj! Thank you so much for the question. I'm sorry that we didn't spend more time together in this game. I respectfully disagree with you about the Pinky comparison, unless you mean that I'm the more endearing, lovable character. icon_wink

Even if you weren't basing your vote on strategy, I still think you should vote for me. My win would be a satisfying thematic conclusion to this series. I started out as a timid player outside of the major alliance and I performed poorly in the challenges. I've managed to turn my game around and seize substantial power. Furthermore, I just won the final immunity challenge-- which was a combination of a lot of older challenges. ME?!?! THE PERSON WHO SUCKS AT CHALLENGES!!!!! It just seems like a great story arc! icon_smile

Furthermore, I know that there are a lot of Survivor purists in the jury who will probably object to supposedly eliminated players being in the final three. But, I can distinguish myself from Gina and Rudy in that sense. Unlike them, I've never had a free pass for a round. I was eliminated in the round right before the exile twist dissolved and I was immediately brought back into the game. I didn't sit out for a round. I needed to compete in every immunity challenge and overcome every tribal council. I'm guessing that matters for some of you.

Finally, I have 632 children to feed. The million dollars would help me out a lot.
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04:26 pm

I'm probably going to forget not to post a Teresa gif, so if I'm lose your vote, that sucks for me. It's just so second-nature to me at this point. :( I'm going to try though!

And sorry, but I don't know what "Britta" means.

As always, you're so kooky, Gregg!
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04:53 pm

Hey Gregg! I hated to see you go when you did! I wasn't happy with the way that whole tribal council went down and I think a lot of players took advantage of Paloma and my absence during that round. The game wasn't as fun without your whacky sense of humor!

My question for Cirie is what your favorite type of cheese.

Pepperjack.
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07:15 pm

Holly Hoffman wrote:
My question for Gina is what do you think Gregg's worst mistake was in this game.

icon_laughing I think your undoing was seriously being Rudy's partner and being the one in that relationship who hadn't been voted out. This was pretty much out of your control. By the merge, Cirie and I were pretty solid that we were going to take Rudy to the end, Sarah was pushy to the point of being obnoxious that her and Teresa were getting the Partners necklaces, and since you and Rudy were the only partners remaining, I had to go with my alliance on this one and boot one of you. It sure as hell wasn't going to be Rudy, not on my watch. I pushed and pushed for the tribe to vote out Teresa but they weren't budging on it. So you went. I actively rallied for you to go. I only played with you for a few rounds, but it seemed like your fate was pretty out of your hands.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08:32 pm

Thank you, Gregg.

Next up, the notorious BRE ..nda
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08:58 pm

So basically Gregg picking me to be his partner is what destroyed his game?? muawahahah King Rudy strikes again!
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Next

Return to Tribal Council