Dakuwaqa Tribe

Re: Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15:19 pm

This jury really does not care for us. lol
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16:29 pm

We're the only ones browsing this forum. (And Kim P, haha)
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16:40 pm

Brenda's here now and will go!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Brenda » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16:56 pm

Three exiles making the end together. I am so proud of each of you icon_wub You bitches are so lucky I'm not the third here too icon_laughing

However, that set-up kinda screws up any kind of easy voting decision I might have. I like to vote for the big and brash public players, the ones who tackle the game head on and with no fear of the target it draws and that.. kinda isn't any of you. icon_uhoh

So I gotta judge on other criteria. I am looking at two big things here - loyalty & control. In my estimation, anyone who controlled 'the game', is now sitting on the Jury. But at least who controlled the game around themself the most? Who controlled their own fate the most? And I'm sorry Rudy, I do like your game, but I can't help but think of just how practically voted out your ass was that night against Gregg. I Frank won immunity tonight, would it be fair to say you were also a goner? I can't say for sure, but that's my read. Now that on it's own is forgivable, luck plays a part in these games, but the fact is that I went completely out of my way and played a crazy risk/reward gambit to make sure you stayed. The reward was supposed to be that you'd have my back. One single round later - one fucking round - and you are voting me out. Not so much as a heads-up of Sarah's shenanigans. icon_uhoh So yeah, that's a fail on both control and loyalty. icon_sleeping I don't have a particular question for you, because I'm most likely not voting for you, but feel free to comment on that whole situation as to why I should change my mind despite all of that.

Which leaves the other two of you. I'm not sure either can claim 'control' to much extent (at least while I was still in which is all I got to see and therefore judge this on), but what you both did do quite well was keep yourselves in positions of not being likely to get the boot.

So Cirie, what I need from you is some specific instances of how you were actively playing yourself into those positions and not just getting swept along. Preferably from the merge onwards, at least one before and one after my own exit.

Gina I'd like you to specifically talk about the night of my exit. Your opening statement kinda skirted right past that while talking about putting 'your neck on the line for the exiles' and the like. So talk me through your decision there. Bear in mind I'm looking at loyalty as well as control. Because from where I'm sitting, you took a big risk for no real forseeable gain.. Sure it worked out in the end for you, but from what I've heard, Sarah came to you with a ridiculous plan, and you went along with it even though it would hurt a couple of alliances you had on, relationships with all of Frank, Paloma, Cirie, and even Sarah. Plus push you towards people you were less close with, and send me to the Jury pissed off. In hindsight yeah great, it worked out, but was that something you were planning towards? I guess just talk me through how that weekend went and your thought process leading up to the vote.

Sorry these Qs are more about me than you three, but I only had three short rounds between merge and boot, and the pre-merge I was involved in was too dull to even go back over icon_laughing

Best of luck to all three of you, getting this far was no mean feat, and may the best exile win icon_wub
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Naonka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:21:52 pm

Rudy wrote:This jury really does not care for us. lol

Yup. I almost don't even want to vote. I might just randomized it. This is the shittiest final 3 ever. All of you fucking suck and none of you deserve the winner title.
Naonka
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gregg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:24:37 pm

Naonka wrote:

Yup. I almost don't even want to vote. I might just randomized it. This is the shittiest final 3 ever. All of you fucking suck and none of you deserve the winner title.

I told everyone to vote out rudy the second he re entered the game but no one listened.
Gregg
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Naonka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:24:53 pm

#imOUT
Naonka
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25:19 pm

Well if you want me to bring the dirty secrets out, I will. If Frank had won the last IC, Gina was essentially going to quit in order for Cirie and I to remain in the game. I was shocked by this, because my plan was to have Cirie/Gina vote against each other. If the choice was between me and the other, why would they go with the other when they're fighting for essentially the same votes...ESPECIALLY up against Frank who they both thought would receive a lot of votes against them. I was banking on their typical gamebot-like moves to override any loyalty they might have had for one another.

It simply didn't make sense for either of them to vote against me unless they somehow found out the other was voting against them and buddied up with Frank. His vote essentially wasn't going to matter either way.

Additionally Brenda, I don't think it's fair for you to blame your ouster on me. I knew there was a plot against you, but the best that we could do was 5 vs 5. The ONLY reason you were booted was due to Sarah's last minute ploy. Lest we not forget, Brenda that you voted against me that round. Your alliance was against me. Had you guys decided collectively against Sarah, I would have done that. You guys went with the easy decision instead, which was me. Lukcily, I had Paloma/Cirie looking out for me.

I believe Teresa/Naonka/Sarah/Gina can all corroborate that I was as loyal to you that night as I could have possibly been under the circumstances.

Thanks for the comments though! Hope you'll change your mind. ^_^
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28:46 pm

Brenda wrote:
Gina I'd like you to specifically talk about the night of my exit. Your opening statement kinda skirted right past that while talking about putting 'your neck on the line for the exiles' and the like. So talk me through your decision there. Bear in mind I'm looking at loyalty as well as control. Because from where I'm sitting, you took a big risk for no real forseeable gain.. Sure it worked out in the end for you, but from what I've heard, Sarah came to you with a ridiculous plan, and you went along with it even though it would hurt a couple of alliances you had on, relationships with all of Frank, Paloma, Cirie, and even Sarah. Plus push you towards people you were less close with, and send me to the Jury pissed off. In hindsight yeah great, it worked out, but was that something you were planning towards? I guess just talk me through how that weekend went and your thought process leading up to the vote.

Brenda, you went home for a few reasons. The first being that when you, me, and Cirie decided to make the initial exiles alliance, you seemed less than enthused about it. By my recollection you didn't really commit, or you did so halfheartedly. Cirie and I were looking to go all in on this thing. And after I saved Rudy from going after Taj, I knew I had his loyalty. He pledged it to me. And I trusted him, I took a gamble, and it worked. Secondly, although you were the least likely to stay loyal to this crew, you were also the most likely to beat me in the finals even if you did. I knew any final 3 would be a blowout with you in it, and by that point I had my final 3 in place. So we booted you out. I will admit, it was a gamble because I considered you fairly dependable, but I took a shot hoping it would work out and it did. So yes, this was what I was planning towards. The only hiccups in my boot order were Gregg going instead of Teresa, and Frank winning immunity, forcing us to vote Willard out. Everything else pretty much went right by design.

It was also a move to flex a little muscle. I felt as though the perception of me had been that I was just sort of along for the ride, and I wanted to show that I was steering the ship. It was a message to my alliance that I wasn't going to be told how to vote- I was my own player. I also, of course, knew it would piss you off, but I know you're the kind of player who can respect big moves. Someone more emotional I wouldn't have done that to, not that early into the merge. It was pretty much a combination of all of the above factors.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30:02 pm

Rudy wrote:The ONLY reason you were booted was due to Sarah's last minute ploy. Lest we not forget, Brenda that you voted against me that round. Your alliance was against me. Had you guys decided collectively against Sarah, I would have done that. You guys went with the easy decision instead, which was me. Lukcily, I had Paloma/Cirie looking out for me.

This is true, I did. My voting confessional that night reads Sarah/Rudy/Sarah/Rudy :/ And I left the game wishing I hadn't in the end. Some kind of heads up though, and we could had numbers on Sarah despite her idol claims. As it was, Willard's vote was all there was to go on, and I'm sorry.

Rudy wrote:I believe Teresa/Naonka/Sarah/Gina can all corroborate that I was as loyal to you that night as I could have possibly been under the circumstances.

And they did. icon_yes
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30:05 pm

I've got to go back to work, I'll be back to answer more questions in a few hours if that's allowed. If not oh well

PS Hi Naonka :)
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30:24 pm

Gregg wrote:
Naonka wrote:

I told everyone to vote out rudy the second he re entered the game but no one listened.

I think it's a testament to my strategy. Literally half the entire cast has tried to vote me out at one time or another, but it didn't matter, because I always had influential people protecting me and keeping me out of harm's way. Brenda's move to save me...wow. I didn't dictacte moves, but I didn't need to. Again, as long as the tribe was structured around me getting to the end with other beatable players, I was happy. I emotionally cut Brenda loose because she was no longer necessary. that's not to say that I didn't fight for her, because I did.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gregg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31:05 pm

Rudy you have just sold me on voting for Gina. I was gonna either vote you as a joke or vote Cirie for being the Andy Herren to my McCrae but Gina quitting for someone is like the story about King Solomon cutting the baby in half. Also my initiral goal in this game was to make f9 and then double quit with Na Onka Nicuaraga style and then go down as the Purple Player of Stranded . I now have a reason to vote for someone thanks Rudy.
Gregg
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31:42 pm

kk. Follow-up to Gina, and then I'll shut up :x How come Cirie didn't come along with you that night then if that was the plan?
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:33:11 pm

You're right. I probably should have given you a heads up, but despite my claims throughout the game, loyalty wasn't exactly my strong suit, and I'm not going to pretend that it was now. I don't think I outright betrayed people as much as perhaps Cirie/Gina, but my complacency definitely is what helped to send you packing. Thanks though, Brenda!
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34:52 pm

Wow, Brenda. Thank you so much for the wonderful question.

So Cirie, what I need from you is some specific instances of how you were actively playing yourself into those positions and not just getting swept along. Preferably from the merge onwards, at least one before and one after my own exit.

Brenda, you would probably agree with me on this-- The exiles were watching each other's backs in the early merge, but it wasn't like we were having in-depth strategy conversations with one another. We weren't always on the same page. I assumed that I already had three people who would not want to vote me out under any circumstance. As a result, I spent the lion's share working on the other players. I probably had more substantive strategic conversations with Willard, Paloma, Frank, Teresa, and Gregg. I was constantly in the trenches trying to negotiate the terms and keep myself in a good position.

I think my partnership with Willard was an important part of playing myself into those positions. Willard was always positioned as a swing vote in the first few rounds of the merge and I made sure to be one of his closest allies going forward. Wherever Willard went, the vote went. And I made sure to always vote with him. I had a commitment to Willard and a commitment to the Exiles. I was pursuing both of these commitments in good faith and I wasn’t precluding one over another. I thought immunity idols or unexpected twists could either force my hand or otherwise affect my plans! I wanted to keep all options open! I felt that I could present a reasonable argument against Willard in the final three and I was disappointed with his elimination.

I also managed the minority alliances. For example, when it was down to Sarah/Teresa/Naonka, I explored with all three of them whether they would be willing to turn on each other. It caused the attention to be on those three of them instead of on me.

Finally, I think I performed a small miracle by maintaining good relations with all the Turukawa members after my exile. THEY ALL TRUSTED ME! They should have been completely weary of me since they just voted me out, but I was able to work with all of them to a certain extent in this game. I stayed approachable with them and continued to discuss options. They disclosed a lot of information to me and it allowed me to assess my position in this game.
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36:09 pm

Gregg wrote:Rudy you have just sold me on voting for Gina. I was gonna either vote you as a joke or vote Cirie for being the Andy Herren to my McCrae but Gina quitting for someone is like the story about King Solomon cutting the baby in half. Also my initiral goal in this game was to make f9 and then double quit with Na Onka Nicuaraga style and then go down as the Purple Player of Stranded . I now have a reason to vote for someone thanks Rudy.

Happy I could help make your decision easier!
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38:00 pm

Because Sarah went to take a shower (god I wish she had said swimming...) I'll post this on her behalf

Sarah wrote:Well hello! Color me shocked that you three are the final three. All of you were voted out in the first week of the game and now you’re in the final three. I’m sure you have some great underdog story planned but save it for somebody else. You guys caused great emotional distress to me and I expect you to apologize for being fucking cunts to me the day I was voted out (not you, Rudy.) Please and thank you.

Gina, I really admired you coming into this game. Now I fucking hate you. You have to work very hard to get my vote. I will not guide you with questions. Say whatever you want. You said you wouldn’t beg, but you should. Go ahead. Beg. Kiss my boot. Show me you want the fucking win. Show me you deserve it. I don’t fucking see it. What I see is a little rat who betrayed someone willing to do anything to save that person. You are an asshole. This is all bridge under the water once this Tribal is over, but right now imagine I fucking hate you and plan to poison you. (Byeee, love you as a person)

Cirie, great job hunty. You went from never making the jury to never making the jury again but under very different circumstances. Congrats on that. You have the greatest underdog story of all and I really admire that in you. Still, you lied to me as well the night I was voted out. Can you explain the strategy behind that and what exactly it did for your alliance… The Exiles, as it were. Awful name by the by. Please come up with another name. Seriously. Please rename your alliance for me.

Rudy, please tell me one last time what seasons you were on. As well, please explain what you’ve done this season because I did not see it. We held one conversation.

By the way, I really wish I could vote for no one. I fucking hate all of you. You guys are boring and fucking scum of the earth in the context of this game.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Cirie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38:14 pm

Gregg wrote:Cirie for being the Andy Herren to my McCrae

I can actually see that a lot!
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41:08 pm

I'm back heyyyyyyyy!!!!
Sarah
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Brenda » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41:48 pm

kk, thanks Cirie. icon_yes

If Gina can answer that little follow-up question when she gets back, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'm satisfied here. Good luck all three.
Brenda
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:43:01 pm

Okay and after this epic question, I think it's appropriate that we close it out for the night and pick up tomorrow at 8c/9e with the final 5 jurors that have not yet gone!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44:02 pm

I thought I was juror number 5.
Sarah
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44:15 pm

Rudy, please tell me one last time what seasons you were on. As well, please explain what you’ve done this season because I did not see it. We held one conversation.

Omg I'd be happy to tell you which past seasons I was on! icon_troll I was on the original season 1 of Stranded in Bolivia and placed 3rd after my F2 partner betrayed me. I then returned for the first All Star season and placed 4th after being the domineering force all game. That's where I got the nickname "King Rudy". I then was idoled out pre-merge by your lovely cohost, Carl, in the Rivals Stranded Season.

I did a lot of subtle things. Nothing too flashy at all really. None of us particularly did. What I did that I'm proud of is that I was able to give people the idea that I was some beacon of loyalty and light despite my many public call outs, mud-slinging and general shadiness. I was good at impression management and despite having an ever-lasting target on me, I persevered.

Cirie says she didn't have as easy of a route as Gina and I, but I'd say the opposite. There was never a point post-merge where they were actually targeted. Yes, brava to them for having a decent enough strategy to not be in danger, but I actually worked to get to where I am and faced adversity despite being a generally loud character.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

PreviousNext

Return to Tribal Council