Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Re: Day 35 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Gregg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53:52 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:
Cirie wrote:Is Paloma planning to be here tonight?

No, hse has left her prevote.

who did she vote for
Gregg
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:54:49 pm

Wow, now that's a heartwarmer. Paloma, of all the jury members, you're who I enjoyed talking to most. I hope you know that.

From Taj I learned the value of encouragement and positive reinforcement. When I first started talking to her over a month ago I was kind of on the fence about moving, really unsure about the direction my life was heading- and I can honestly say, as stupid as it sounds, that her kind words and positivity pushed me in the direction I'm heading now.

From Gregg I learned not to take the game so seriously. Here was someone who didn't even seem to be PLAYING, and yet he made the merge and had he survived the vote, he would have gone very far by my estimation.

From Brenda I learned a lesson in self-perception. She didn't seem to get how she was the first one voted out of Masilaca, how people checked notes behind her back, the huge target on her back coming into this game. She eventually corrected this for the most part later, but that was a wake-up call that there are people here with notions about me and I need to understand them to move forward.

From NaOnka I learned the power of positive thinking. I'm not a negative person and I'm letting myself get sucked into the negativity of this jury and it's not who I am. I learned that I need to not let things phase me as much as they do.

From Sarah I learned the value of missed opportunities. Coming into this game I was most excited to play with Sean and Sarah, because I knew I could use them as good allies. Unfortunately they ended up on Degei and I really failed to capitalize on my pre-existing relationship with Sarah at the merge.

From Teresa I learned how to play Stranded like a pro. I've only been in this community for less than a year, but watching you play was like watching Picasso paint a masterwork. I'm not kissing your ass, I still think you're a bitter bitch, but it was impressive as hell.

From Willard I learned how to play the UTR game really successfully. If Teresa is a pro at playing loudly, Willard is a pro at playing quietly.

From Paloma I learned that friendship can transcend the game. I enjoyed getting to know you, getting into your world, I genuinely cared about your triumphs and your tribulations in your real life. As much as anyone can consider an anonymous person playing behind an avatar in an internet based Survivor game a friend, I consider you a friend.

From Frank I learned perception is not always reality. Coming here Frank had a reputation as a bully and a tyrant from many of the players in Venezuela that I'd talked to (we were never on the same tribe). I'd talked to him a little in the afterparty in my last season, but not enough to really get to know him. For the first 25 days or so that I played with Frank I found him to not be at all like what I expected.

From Cirie I learned a lesson in being true to yourself. Here is a positive person, who, amidst all this negativity, is still being cheery and happy. I want to strive to be more like that.

From Rudy I learned not to let things get to you. He truly doesn't give a fuck what any of you think and I really admire that.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gina » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56:26 pm

I won't be able to answer the part about Taj in detail because I"ve got to return to work now, but it looks like Paloma won't be here anyway.
Gina
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04:20 pm

Thanks Paloma for the beatiuful question!! icon_mml

PART I
What I learned from everyone here:

Taj: That consistency is indeed a good thing for me. She has always been a huge supporter of me, and I need to remember to respect those people in my lives that provide consistently good energy.

Gregg: I learned not to always be so uptight. Teresa was right in one of her attacks on my personality. I am somewhat obsessive about things when I shouldn't be irl. When you go back in my confessional, you'll see that I was always really annoyed by Gregg at times, and I just didn't accept him for who he was and what he was trying to do. He was trying to make this game less stressful for everyone.

Brenda: Impression-management is key in life. Perception can get you in trouble whether it's true or not. Even though looking back, I can view her as a very loyal player of this game, at the time, everyone thought she had F3 deals with everyone in the game. I'm sure she was playing hard, but I think loyalty is something she values. I know that now, especially based on her jury question to me.

Naonka: I need to control my need to always defend myself. Sometimes, it's better to take the higher road than to get into a mud-slinging contest. I don't want to wrestle with pigs anymore! I'll try to watch my tongue moving forward in life, but that's a hard thing to do, especially when people criticize me. I also learned that work-ethic is something to be cherished as it will get you far in life.

Sarah: I learned that running away from people you are scared of doesn't bridge gaps, it only widens them.

Teresa: I learned that making fun of others isn't always a "good" way of bonding with someone. Gossip is one thing, but being mean with someone just to be mean doesn't make you look pretty or make your life better off than any other person even if your life IS better. icon_troll

Willard: Playful banter is healthy and not to be taken serious.

Paloma: I learned to always be in touch with your emotions. Notice the small things people do and say for you, and always be optimistic about humanity.

Frank: I learned that holding onto bitterness can surprisingly really bring out the ugly side in you.

Gina: I learned that actions speak louder than words. I tend to be a loud mouth, but action is louder than any voice.

Cirie: I learned that I even though this is a game, I should really act my age and serve as an example to people and the maturity level you should have in these ORGs. Even though this has always been an outlet for basically the built up negative energy in my rl, I should probably not play this games and instead expel that energy through my usual pialtes, medication, cooking and throwing social gatherings. Btw, I can't wait to get back into my regular routine!!

OMG PALOMA THAT WAS A SUPER HEALTHY EXERCISE. I FEEL LIKE I'M ON AN INTERVENTION SHOW FOR PEOPLE WHO PLAY ORGS! icon_mml

Part II coming up.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12:43 pm

I think it would be a shorter question if she asked you all to write a novel.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Cirie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20:22 pm

Paloma, thank you for the beautiful message. I do not think badly of you at all! I’m sorry that I gave you that impression. I wasn’t there for the “group survey” challenge, but I would have voted you as biggest threat to win this game.

You were the player who I was closest to in this game and I’m grateful that I had the opportunity to meet you. You were a fantastic player and I give you complete credit for the way you played the game. I hope I didn’t hurt your trust or faith in people—Because, it’s one of your most endearing qualities.
I’m not going to pretend that this was a “life changing experience” for me or that it fundamentally changed me as a person. I appreciate that this game had that effect on certain people, but it didn’t affect me in that way. I just considered this a fun game to do in my spare time and an interesting mental exercise.

With that said, I did appreciate the fact that I established connections with new people. It was great to hear about people’s personal lives and how they viewed life. For example, it was great to hear about your life in the Philippines. I don’t currently talk to anyone who lives there and you taught me a lot about the country. I've had similar conversation with people in this game from all over the world. It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know everyone here.

I won’t go over every person, but I’ll discuss my general takeaways that I learned from everyone: I learned quickly that I couldn’t trust people in this game by what they say, but rather what they do. It’s too convenient to hide under a wall of text and it’s too easy to hide your genuine intentions. It’s also important to find the rational actors in this game, because you can at least predict their moves. Finally, you have to consider everyone’s optimal choices and make sure that your interests always align with the group majority. It sounds simple, but it’s a lot harder to pull off. I think I've grown as a player in this game by observing all of you.

This game was also important training for my career going forward and as a result, I will always be grateful for this opportunity. I’m hoping to be a trial attorney, but I’ve been in the law school bubble for the last two years. In law school, I developed a strong ability for logical reasoning and deduction, but I was only surrounded by likeminded individuals. I will need to learn how to address my compelling arguments in a way that a jury representing a cross-section of my community understands. This game has shown me that people don’t always analyze and reason the same way and it helped to develop my persuasive skills. So, everyone, thank you for that— It helped me a lot.

I appreciate your question about the Taj fanficition, but it was never a plausible scenario for me. I played to win, not to make the final three. I would never, ever try to take Taj to the final three, because she would beat me in the final vote. My objective was always to get a combination of Rudy, Gina, Brenda, or possibly Willard to the finals. If three of these people were eliminated in the early rounds of the merge, I would have known that my game was dead and that I would be carried to the end as a goat.

I probably would have just shot the shit with Gregg and developed a Dr. Sean alphabet strategy at that point. I definitely would have also left a lot of drunk messages in the forums. icon_whistling
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23:08 pm

From Rudy I learned not to let things get to you. He truly doesn't give a fuck what any of you think and I really admire that.

icon_lol Thanks Gina. I guess there are simply worse things for me to legitimately stress about than an ORG. I play these for fun, not for validation from others, because outside of Taj & Jeff I don't know you effing people.

PART II

F12 - I'm actually active and realize that Naonka has sold Teresa/Taj/I out to Cirie/Gregg, so I vehemently deny the claims and instead get NuNuTu to boot Naonka instead. Take that, bitch! lol
F11 - I realize that people are itching to split the pairs up as well as the brewing battle between Brenda/Teresa, so I this time successfully get the pairs to sign "The Treaty of Duruwaqa 2013" and we decide to get rid of Willard as a concession.
F10 - Teresa gets greedy and wants to blindside Brenda, but NuNuTu decides to pagong Gregg instead of Cirie, because an Exile Alliance has surfaced, and Rudy doesn't want the necklace. muwahaha.
F9 - Teresa, me Taj, Sarah, and gina think it's time for Brenda to leave, but I tell Paloma about the vote before hand and she plays her idol on Brenda, sending Teresa home. Brenda and Taj receive neckalaces.
F8 - Brenda wins immunity, and gives her necklace to Frank for the night. Rudy doesn't wanna betray Paloma, so they all vote out Sarah as she's been losing it the last few days.
F7 - The exiles decide that Brenda has become a threat, but she wins immunity and Frank goes 4-3.
F6 - Taj is finally able to win over Brenda, and she leaves unanimously.
F5 - In a shocking vote, Rudy betrays the Exile alliance and boots Gina, one of his partners in crime.
F4 - Cirie wins the last IC as it happened in real life, and they unanimously vote off the sweetheart of the game in 4th place.

The jury unanimously votes for King Rudy to win.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:24:15 pm

Okay I believe that wraps us all up.

I have all of the votes. if any juror would like to change hteir vote, please do so now or forever hold your peace!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25:58 pm

lol @ my typos. Yes, I medicate my self on a daily.

I meant 'pilates' and 'meditation'. lol
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Cirie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:28:35 pm

Rudy and Gina-- Good Luck!
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Gregg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:28:54 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:Okay I believe that wraps us all up.

I have all of the votes. if any juror would like to change hteir vote, please do so now or forever hold your peace!

U lied i didnt vote until after you made this post
Gregg
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33:03 pm

Cirie wrote:Everyone is the hero of their own story. Thanks for sharing your take Naonka.

I <3 this quote.

Anyway I am finally here.

tl;dr

good luck final 3!
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33:21 pm

After the longest season of Stranded with arguably some of hte toughest competition we have to offer, it all comes down to this vote.

I'll go tally the votes.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Cirie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34:38 pm

Lindsey Richter wrote:
Cirie wrote:Everyone is the hero of their own story. Thanks for sharing your take Naonka.

I <3 this quote.

tl;dr

good luck final 3!

Haha, I'm glad that I have at least one fan! icon_wub
Cirie
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35:49 pm

Cirie wrote:
Lindsey Richter wrote:

I <3 this quote.

tl;dr

good luck final 3!

Haha, I'm glad that I have at least one fan! icon_wub

That's more than me! icon_troll
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37:21 pm

Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39:00 pm

Rudy got 2nd place icon_lol
Frank
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Becky Lee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39:01 pm

Congrats Cirie!!!!!
Becky Lee
Host

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39:14 pm

CONGRATS! <3

2nd place is like my new thing.
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39:19 pm

CONGRATULATIONS CIRIE ! GAME WELL PLAYED AND WELCOME BACK!!!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Rudy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40:04 pm

Frank wrote:Rudy got 2nd place icon_lol

I'm as surprised as you are Frank! icon_lol
Rudy
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Becky Lee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40:37 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:CONGRATULATIONS CIRIE ! GAME WELL PLAYED AND WELCOME BACK!!!

XXXXXXXX
Becky Lee
Host

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40:55 pm

Gratz Cirie, knew it, i freaking knew it, nobody ever listens to me icon_chaos
Frank
Dakuwaqa Tribe

Postby Lindsey Richter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:41:32 pm

OMG YAY <3 CONGRATULATIONS CIRIE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! [/finally reveals biases]

Rudy and Gina, great job as well and game well played.
Lindsey Richter
Host

Postby Ami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42:05 pm

Congrats Cirie! I wish I got to meet you in this game, but just watching and reading everything, you deserved it icon_wub I would have voted for you!
Ami
Dakuwaqa Tribe

PreviousNext

Return to Tribal Council